Must Love Dogs!
We're growing and looking for some great people who love dogs - is that you or do you know someone this is perfect for? Please email a copy of your resume/qualifications and indicate the position you are interested in to apply.
If you refer someone that we hire, we will give you a 3-month supply of our treats as a thank you. Just make sure they reference you when they apply.
Farmers' Market & Event Staff / Brand Ambassador
As part of our farmers' market & event staff team, you will act as a direct connection to our customers & their pups at events and be responsible for the planning, organization & execution of our farmers' market presentations, as well as additional special events such as in-store samplings. Duties will include:
- Sell and promote 2 Dogs Treats & Summit Dog Company products & distributing samples to prospective customers while engaging them about our products
- Pick up supplies from our kitchen, transport to event location and return after completion
- Set up tent, table and product according to brand standard as well as break down set up at the end of the day
- Maintain a professional & attractive display during the course of the event
- Keep accurate sales records using our mobile POS system. Cash handling is required.
- Take photos for our instagram account & hang out with awesome dogs & their humans!
You will be working 2-3 days a week in Boston and surrounding area.
- Be friendly, professional & outgoing and be comfortable with dogs of all sizes
- Be great with people too! You will need to approach & talk about our product with everyone.
- Able to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Be reliable & punctual
- Have proper means of transportation to transport products and set up props. Having access to a SUV is ideal.
We use only the finest and freshest ingredients for our treats and they have received an incredible reception in the marketplace. We're now available in over 100 locations throughout New England and NYC and maintain a nationwide base of monthly subscribers to our premium dog treats.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Kitchen Assistant contributes to the success of 2 Dogs Treats by playing a vital role in the production of our finest all-natural dog treats. The Kitchen Assistant blends a passion for producing quality products and an entrepreneurial spirit to support the operations team in driving treat production to meet the highest standard for animal health and safety. The Kitchen Assistant follows the direction established by the Operations Manager. This job is 32-40 hours per week, generally starting at 7:30am or 3pm.
- Prepare ingredients for treat production.
- Model and consistently follow all 2 Dogs Treats policies and procedures.
- Assist with the production preparation and execution as needed or directed.
- Wash dishes,clean kitchen and prep kitchen.
- Accurately record time worked.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and vendors.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors or odors, or recognizing particular flavors or odors using tongue or nose.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and/or replenish supplies and/or cooking equipment.
- Ability to use hands to seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise in order to chop and slice
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as business dictates.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs in order to retrieve and/or move supplies.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise and/or kitchen equipment weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Environmental conditions: working with an open flame and/or other heating units, and exposure to variation in kitchen temperature.
Experience and Required Qualifications
- 1 year food prep and/or kitchen operations experience (preferred).
- Valid Food Handlers Certification (preferred).
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
2 Dogs Treats is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.